Sie sind nicht angemeldet! Jetzt interner Link kostenlos im Forum registrieren, weniger Werbung sehen, aktiv teilnehmen und weitere Vorteile nutzen! Diese Website nutzt Cookies. Bitte beachten Sie unsere interner Link Datenschutzerklärung.
  Start » Forum Impressum/Datenschutz | Site-Map
7-forum.com   ModelleForummein.7erService

Forumsfunktionen

BMW 7er, Modell E32
 Varianten
 Detail-Infos
 Interaktiv
- Anzeige -

Zurück   BMW 7er-Forum > BMW 7er Modelle > BMW 7er, Modell E32

Antwort

Thema teilen Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 31.10.2009, 17:08   #1
Erlingur
Neues Mitglied

Fahrzeug: E32 750 '91
Standard Heavy starter + limp mode

Hello Freunde,

Ich können kaum in Deutsch schreiben deshalb ich hoffe Sie können mich in Englisch helfen

I have en 750 '91
I replaced my starter few months ago, the old one was just kaput.
Shortly after that the starter was extreamly heavy when I was starting, just like the battery was low it was old any way. I replaced the battery but the problem was still there.
It has happened that sometimes when I start the car everything is OK. But not any more. If I use a help from a jump start I can sometimes get the car running, but with some electircal smell and smoke from my NEW starter :(
If I get the car running he usually gets in limp mode shortly after the motor gets started.
There comes no EML light in my dash board and my engine runs very smooth in its limp mode

What can I do?
Could the new starter been kaput?
What is with the limp mode of my engine?

If you have some ideas for me I would be extreamly happy, but maby I have to replace the starter agin, that is not an easy job

Mit freundliche Grusse aus Island,
E

Geändert von Erlingur (31.10.2009 um 17:28 Uhr).
Erlingur ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 31.10.2009, 17:27   #2
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard

Erlingur,
was that a new starter or a used one? If used, it could also be 'kaputt'. Early motor starters had almost all the inner parts made of plastic, we disassembled my spare starter and that looked like this one
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) FIXES - STARTER MOTOR
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) FIXES - STARTER MOTOR

You can remanufacture it, you can also use a starter from Bosch for Mercedes Benz if the type is the same, the only difference is the number of teeth on the drive, M70 starter motor has 9 teeth.

the next point to check is the cable from starter, it could look like my cable from the alternator to the B+ pole

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) FIXES - ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEM
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 31.10.2009, 17:54   #3
Erlingur
Neues Mitglied

Fahrzeug: E32 750 '91
Standard

Hello Erich,

I'll have to check my starter cable.
That could be the reason for what seems to be bad contact/lack of power and electrical smell and smoke :(

The starter is brand new (but an aftermerket type) so I assume that the cable is more likely.

I'm planing to get to this repairs next weekend, so then problably I'll then continue with the limp mode problem.

I have been reading through the limp mode and EML repairs you have posted (can understand some german)
Does the bulp in the dash board have to glow???
If the EML light does not come on shall I fix the dash board first?

MHG
E
Erlingur ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 31.10.2009, 18:04   #4
amnat
Der, der nach 'Polen fuhr

Benutzerbild von amnat

Fahrzeug: E38-728iA BJ.09'98, Prins 160'''km, Auslaßv.beschäd.; E24-628CS Bj.01'80, H-Kennz.; E24-635CSI EZ 04'88, stillgelegt; F15-xDrive40d EZ 07'16
Standard

Super interesting pictures as usual, by Erich; work on the 750 seems to be a sweaty job, but this is surely not a problem in Iceland.
amnat ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 31.10.2009, 22:35   #5
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Erlingur Beitrag anzeigen
I'll then continue with the limp mode problem.
I have been reading through the limp mode and EML repairs you have posted (can understand some german) Does the bulp in the dash board have to glow???If the EML light does not come on shall I fix the dash board first?
MHG E
It MUST be on for 2-3 seconds when you start the engine and then disappear. If not, limpmode
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) EML bulbs

Interner Link) http://www.7-forum.com/forum/24/eml-...ten-41084.html
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort