Sie sind nicht angemeldet! Jetzt interner Link kostenlos im Forum registrieren, weniger Werbung sehen, aktiv teilnehmen und weitere Vorteile nutzen! Diese Website nutzt Cookies. Bitte beachten Sie unsere interner Link Datenschutzerklärung.
  Start » Forum Impressum/Datenschutz | Site-Map
7-forum.com   ModelleForummein.7erService

Forumsfunktionen

Modell E65/E66
 Varianten
 Detail-Infos
 Interaktiv
- Anzeige -

Zurück   BMW 7er-Forum > BMW 7er Modelle > BMW 7er, Modell E65/E66

Antwort

Thema teilen Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 10.12.2006, 10:18   #1
yan_750i_usa
Neues Mitglied

Fahrzeug: 2006 750i (E65)
Standard Playing DVD on iDrive screen

Guten Tag!

verzeihen sie mir für sprechendes englisch. my german is very bad.

i have a question, hopefully one of you can answer it for me i am about to do a retrofit for my 750i and install TV and DVD:

p/n 65 50 0 407 052
p/n 65 12 6 938 979

i do not plan on installing or using rear screens. so my question is this:

can i watch DVDs on the iDrive screen and control the DVD player via iDrive controller? is that how it is done in europe? do you all have that option?

danke.
yan_750i_usa ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.12.2006, 11:50   #2
tbeyer
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Benutzerbild von tbeyer

Fahrzeug: 735i (E65), MB SL 320 (R129), 525tds (E39)
Standard

Hi,

if you are going to install the original parts and have the car coded properly by your dealer after installation the answer is yes. In the entertainment menu you should have a "Video" section (probably not visible or grey at the moment), clicking on that takes you to the Video menu where you then should have the option to either select tv or dvd. Control of which is via iDrive as well. Beware, though, that the video signal is muted if the car moves - at least this is the default in Europe. Your mileage may vary - although watching a dvd while driving might be dangerous even at speeds as slow as imposed by the US speed limits :-)

cheers

Torsten
Alt 12.12.2006, 02:33   #3
760Lifan
Neues Mitglied

Benutzerbild von 760Lifan

Fahrzeug: E66-760Li (2006)
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von yan_750i_usa Beitrag anzeigen
Guten Tag!

verzeihen sie mir für sprechendes englisch. my german is very bad.

i have a question, hopefully one of you can answer it for me i am about to do a retrofit for my 750i and install TV and DVD:

p/n 65 50 0 407 052
p/n 65 12 6 938 979

i do not plan on installing or using rear screens. so my question is this:

can i watch DVDs on the iDrive screen and control the DVD player via iDrive controller? is that how it is done in europe? do you all have that option?

danke.
Yan, is that really you? What a surprise to find you posting here - I have a reason - Meine Muttersprache ist Deutsch! (My native language is German)..

Zur Erklärung für alle 7er-Forumspartner - Yan postet meistens auf Bimmerfest.com, dem US-Forum......

2006 BMW 760Li, Saphirschwarz Metallic, Natur Braun, Alle Optionen (USA)
2006 BMW M5, Saphirschwarz Metallic, Silverstone, Alle Optionen (USA)
2006 BMW X5 4.8is, Saphirschwarz Metallic, Cream Beige, Alle Optionen (USA)
760Lifan ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 13.12.2006, 00:22   #4
yan_750i_usa
Neues Mitglied

Fahrzeug: 2006 750i (E65)
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von 760Lifan Beitrag anzeigen
Yan, is that really you? What a surprise to find you posting here - I have a reason - Meine Muttersprache ist Deutsch! (My native language is German)..

Zur Erklärung für alle 7er-Forumspartner - Yan postet meistens auf Bimmerfest.com, dem US-Forum......
die Welt ist ein Dorf!

haha... yes, it is me have you considered doing this to your 760 btw? why should only europeans have all the toys

anyways, i am ordering the parts soon. TV is pretty straight forward. my biggest concern is getting DVD to play on the iDrive without rear entertainment screen. sounds like that should work fine also.

i wish my german was better. so the fear of embarrassing myself, i have to be lame and resort to english. i can understand 90% of what people post here though.
yan_750i_usa ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 13.12.2006, 00:31   #5
760Lifan
Neues Mitglied

Benutzerbild von 760Lifan

Fahrzeug: E66-760Li (2006)
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von yan_750i_usa Beitrag anzeigen
die Welt ist ein Dorf!

haha... yes, it is me have you considered doing this to your 760 btw? why should only europeans have all the toys

anyways, i am ordering the parts soon. TV is pretty straight forward. my biggest concern is getting DVD to play on the iDrive without rear entertainment screen. sounds like that should work fine also.

i wish my german was better. so the fear of embarrassing myself, i have to be lame and resort to english. i can understand 90% of what people post here though.

Cool and unglaublich...
But to your question - I think I'll keep mine (my mum's) 760 without technical changes..
760Lifan ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.12.2006, 01:44   #6
Ellemeet
Mitglied

Benutzerbild von Ellemeet

Fahrzeug: 750Ldx '13 m sport, Volvo V70-II T5 ; A5 Cabrio 3.0tdi quattro 2013; Landrover Discovery 4 3.0SDV6 HSE
Standard

What is it you want to see? TV or DVD?

I considered the BMW system but found it way to expensive. TV has to be a digital system anyway (DVB-T) in Holland.

I already had installed an Alpine system with screens in the headrests and a dvd changer.

I installed a DVB-T tuner and an override system for my navi screen. This works perfect ... also when you drive.

For dvd i would advise against a dvd changer (it is a waist of money). Freecom offers a very nice flat 100GB harddiskdrive with videou out for approx 150 euro. With Pocketdivx it means you can have up to 100 movies with you.

The only problem remaining: no aux-in for sound. I am hoping to solve this with the Dension Gateway 500 if it ever comes
Ellemeet ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort