Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 18.02.2017, 10:38   #72
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard

Bilder Unterschiede Niveaudaempfer E34 und E32
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) LAD schock repair (now hopefully with pictures :-) )

Moegliche Gruende fuer wiederkehrende Leckagen:

von: rv8flyboy, 2016-06-10 - Before u hit yourself up as a bad seal installer...

I been fighting leaking seals for a while myself, here is some food for thought.
The shocks are not supposed to have fluid on top of the piston, if fluid is leaking at the top of the shock, you have fluid leaking past the piston, eventually the space fills up and is squeezed past the top shock rod seal whenever the piston needs to move up. Some is also blown back down past the piston seal when external forces, such as the springs, lift the rear up. This is due to the single acting design of the piston cup.For example, when u get out of the car, the backend wants to raise up, the trapped fluid is now compressed against the rod seal. So, if the piston is not fixed the leak will come back. How long you may ask, well that depends on the amount of leakage, for some it may be weeks, for others maybe years.
Another thought... how are your accumulators, found mine shot, the back end very hard to push down, if at all, by hand. If you drive around with fluid logged accumulators every time you hit a bump or dip, the hydraulics will get a tremendous pressure shock. The fluid cannot go back quick enough through the ride height regulator valve. The compressed hydraulic fluid has to go somewhere so the rubber seals become the only place where there is compressibility, ergo, your seals are forced to deform beyond their capabilities and eventually will blow out.
you can change seals till your blue in the face, if you don't address either the leak past the piston in the shock, or the accumulators, your leaks are bound to come back.
I did an experiment with a shock that leaked from the top and one that did not. I swapped piston and rod between them, left top seal in place, and sure enough after about a week or so, the formerly good top seal developed a leak, the shock with the top leak quit leaking (so far) from the top. on the one that did not leak from the top anymore, I blew the bottom seal, the one inside the 32 mm nut, a little while later, which necessitated a tow home. This is how I found out that every accumulator I had acquired over the years has empty.
Just stick a small dowel through the center hole, if it goes in far enough to reach the far end, your bladder is shot. And if both your bladders are shot, the seals in the shocks probably wont be far behind for the reasons stated above.

weitere Bilder Reparaturen
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) which seal exactly did you repair?
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten