Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 09.04.2004, 07:35   #5
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard folgendes gefunden:

Soll im Bentley Reparaturhandbuch stehen. Hast Du dies?
Hab hier einiges kopiert: ACHTUNG: 1mm macht schon viel aus. Siehe letzter Beitrag

Bentley's specs are 20.55(+-0.4in) for 15 in wheel
Message: wheels measured from lower edge of fender arch to lower edge of wheel rim
--------------------------------
Suspension Warning

Message: It is the control rod for your suspension leveling regulator valve. The valve controls the flow of fluid to the struts. As the stabilizer bar moves, it moves the control rod which in turn moves the arm on the regulator valve which then either lets fluid into the lines to the strut, or lets fluid out of the strut. Once the regulator arm comes back to the home position, fluid bypasses back to the reservoir.
You most likely get the error message because the regulator is out of adjustment. This means that you would have to adjust it. To do this, you really need to have the car up on a lift, with the weight of the car on the tires. You then need to load the trunk with 440lbs of stuff and then check the height of the fender above the bottom of the wheel. If the height is not correct, then you need to disconnect the control rod from the regulator and move the valve either front or back to get the desired height. Move the arm forward to raise the car, aft to lower it. Once the ride height is correct, you put a pin through the regulator body and the arm, this holds it in place in the bypass (no movement) position. Then reattach the control arm. You may need to make an adjustment to the clamp that holds the control arm to the stabilizer bar so that it fits properly into the regulator.
A poor man's way of doing this is to cheat a bit. Measure the car height (information in the Bentley on how height it should be) and then get under the car and disconnect the control arm from the stabilizer bar. Move the bar in the direction necessary and then re-clamp it. Start the car and check the height. If it is right (or close enough) then you are done, if not, try it again.
----------------------------------------
the best way to adjust the ride height in the rear is to back the car onto ramps..also the safest.
Loosen both 10mm nuts on the U-bolt on the stabilizer bar. Start the car...raise and lower the car to find the ride height you like by traversing the rod fore and aft..then tighten the U-bolt. Will take some trial an error. The good news is the LAD cannot tell if the car is on level ground...by design...so having the car on ramps will not affect the relationship of the body relative to the suspension...what you want during the adjustment process...the key being the distance from the lower lip of the road wheel to the top of the fender opening.
Congrats...your journey has almost ended.
LAD is a wonderful rear suspension.
George
----------------------------------------------
Re: Rear Self Level Adjustments.

Message: Just want to ditto what Eric said. I used a 10-mm wrench under the car to adjust the clamp; a couple of turns is enough to loosen the clamp. Mark a point on the clamp to the stabilizer bar as reference. The clamp only needs to be shifted 1 mm away from the reference to see a couple of inches difference in ride height.
I jacked up the car in my garage to perform this adjustment iteration, in between driving the car around the block so the rear tires regain their correct camber angle. When the car is lowered, the rear tires are jammed in a wrong camber angle so the ride height measurement is wrong.

Also, despite multiple reading I never get the idea of what Bentley tried to tell me about making adjustment with control arm in neutral position and using a rod to keep it at that position, etc. Down under the car the LAD valve is positioned so high up I couldn't see it well and could hardly reach it with my arm.
Patrick C 88 750iL
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten