Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 06.06.2008, 18:00   #5
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard schon wieder einer mit dem selben Problem

Hier der Bericht auf Bimmerboard:

Changing spark plugs this morning started normally.....1-6 were done in about 45 minutes and I moved over to change 7-12 plugs. I was just reaching in to put my U-Jointed socket on #7 and got one helluva spark from the alternator cable tube!!! I pulled some of the cable toward the alternator and broken cable jacketing fell out. Pulling more of the cable out displayed bare wire!
I went to a local parts house and had a 4 foot cable made out of 4 gauge wire with 3/8" eyelets on each end. Turns out this was the perfect length to come off the alternator, run next to the filter-box, loop around and run behind the Pentosin cannister then up to the B+ terminal-block. I then cut several pieces of 3/8" fuel hose lengthwise to go around the wire at certain points to act as a chafe-guard (perfect inside diameter). Two zip-ties to hold the cable where it needed to be and I was done. Would anyone like to see photos of the install and the damaged cable?

E32 750iL 09/89, 143,000 miles
-------------------------------------------------------
Also hat der das ganze Kabel erneuert und dann mit einem Benzinschlauch auch noch an einigen Stellen abgesichert, dass er nnicht durchscheuert.
Hab ihn mal gebeten Fotos dabvon zu machen. Wenn die kommen, dann stell ich das mal hier rein.
Ich glaub, das mach ich auch, so langsam mach ich mir Sorgen, dass der dadurch abfackelt. Das originale Eisenrohr ist wirklich nicht so ideal.
Speziell wo es aufhoert ist ein scharfer Knick und es scheuert immer.

Also ueberprueft das Mal!
Erich ist gerade online   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten