Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 24.04.2008, 05:04   #1
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard Motorbrand M70 V12 - Lima-Kabel

ist wohl verantwortlich, Bilder und Kommentare aus dem E31 Forum RF
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8912568-1.html

M70 Engine bay fire and alternator cable shorting

Message: Here are a couple of on-going threads from the E31 community on an M70 engine fire that is preliminary traced back to shorting of the alternator cable to the metal conduit. Fellow members also did some analysis on the conduit and the fact that it is supported on rubber insulations so ideally there shouldn't be a electrical path to ground even if alternator cable is shorted to the conduit. The intake runner the weight of which the conduit is supporting is also isolated by the expensive rubber intake manifold gasket. One possible electrical path is via the M6 mounting bracket of the fuel return hose which go on the M6 stud of cylinder #5. All in all the M70 on E32 shares the same conduit design and people here should take note of fire hazard due to old alternator cable.

I have found several years ago that the cable's insulation had aged and turned brittle especially inside the conduit that ran above the driver side exhaust manifold(even with presence of heat shields). My replacement cable has silicone jacket to take higher temperatures, and I did away with the conduit and routed the cable higher and along the Pentosin reservoir side, and wrapped it with some other heat shielding material.

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...6661965&page=1
Patrick C 88 750 159K

Also besser mal einen Blick tun auf die Kabel zu Lima und Anlasser, nicht nur beim 750!

Geändert von Erich (21.08.2010 um 05:08 Uhr).
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten