Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 21.08.2010, 05:07   #8
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) cable to battery connector corrosion picture by shogun_bucket - Photobucket
hier mal das wichtigste reinkopiert....

low alternator voltage?

Daryl had this problem on his 1991 735: quote:

Does the voltage go down even more when the cars stops running?
Car Turned off) OBC shows 11.84 vdc Digimeter show 12.16 vdc
(start car) OBC shows 12.8 vdc (Peak) Digimeter show 13.97
-----------

12.4 Static Battery, OBC12.5 Digimeter 13.97 car running
Installed shoguns Hella voltage Regulator 2 days ago but still had brushes left on original voltage regulator. When first started car with new reg my digital meter reading was 14.1 cars seems to run and start great just wondering why obc reading are so different from meter.
---------------
Battery Positive Post Hot? Author: daryl12 91 735iL 2010-08-16

Is this normal, I know there is much amperage running through that cable as I have confirmed I have the 140Amp alternator. It is hot to the touch when car is running. Cool any other time.

Battery Positive Post Hot?? (Update) 2010-08-20

Well after some coaxing from rv8flyboy and shogun I decided to go through completed charging system. I pulled the main cable from the alternator and had shoguns post handy in case I need to change the cable and oil pressure connectors. All was good there, so proceeded to under the Positive B+ post and this was the first thing I found. Cable to battery connector had very severe corrosion. I broke the B+ top by accident so took it to a welding shop and they repaired for me. The nut on the alternator cable would tighten down but cable would work its way loose so replaced it and added a thicker washer under it Next I changed the other cable from starter to B+ post. I decided to put some of that red anticorrosion spray you put on the battery post on my cable. That was a no go and had to take them back off re-clean and install. I removed rear seat and inspected battery and connections all was fine. OBC after 6 yrs is showing 13.9 to 14.1 volts and B+ post stays cool now. Thanks again for your help guys
Daryl
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten