Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 29.03.2015, 14:09   #9
Beumers
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Fahrzeug: E32-735i dec 1986
Standard

Hi all.
Update.
This weekend I chanced the oil and the oil filter. As I opened this resently mounted oilhousing to change the filter I was surprice to find the housing allmost empty and draining out fast. To check this I poured some oil into the housing and it drained out within less then a minute. I was surpriced because I was under the impression that the oil should stay in there because that's the whole point. I cound'nt do nothing else at this point so I changed the oilfilter and the oil. When I started he car, the oil light went out in moments and also after that it went out almost intstantly. By the way, the valves looked undamaged as far as I could see.
At home I took the oil housing without the connection for the oilcooler that was mitakenly sent to me earlier, and filled it up with oil. It also started to drain empty just as quick as the one in my car. I filled it again and I closed it with the topcover and the draining stopped. Kind of logic because there is no air pressure on top so it can not drain out that way. Even knowing this I can't imagining BMW has designed leeking valves to make changing the oilfilter less messy for us.
So, does any of you know for a fact the oilhousing should not drain emty, even with the topcover off?

Regards Henk.
Beumers ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten