PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Neue Infos über den neuen 7er

StyLe2K
06.06.2008, 13:55
Some reliable info from a guy who has seen the new 7.

QUOTE:
''I have seen the new 7 series during a sneak preview event.
Mixed emotions. You have to get used to the front. While the front grille is very impressive, the curving of the front lights is very weird. The bulges in the hood are great, they make the bonnet overall very flat. The back is like the picture but a litttle bit less dynamic. The interior is fantastic using B&O like black panel displays. The best thing on the car is the double hofmeister kink, once with the windows, once with the curves around the windows. The design of the back is also fantastic. The interior has been copied from audi.

The interior spy pics are deceiving. The spy pics shows 2 bulbs in the dash like the current 7 series but there is only 1 much like the new X5.
The i drive is second generation with some buttons around it, just like the audi and is positioned right next to the gear switch. The idrive bulb in the spypic is fake. With the B&O like displays I mean black shiny surfaces with orange characters that look like they are projected on the surface from the back, much like B&O in the 80s.
The top dashboard is in leather which is nice.
The door handle on the inside is really strange. There is none.
The trunk is very well shaped and very nice.
The front bonnet has 2 big wedges towards the sides which are high. It makes the overall bonnet very flat.

Rear lights are a mix of the current lights (striped) and the CS like design on the outer edge. Looks american. The side curve is going all the way through the lights.

There is no side indicator in the side mirrors. There is a side indicator in the cs like emblem on the side. The CS like emblem pretty much resembles like the Z8.
There are eyebrows in the headlight cluster.
Personally, I don't like the headlights. They could have made it more aggressive, especially the top side. Furthermore, there is a dent in the eyebrow showing a 'Dynamic Xenon' text.
Seat adjustment buttons is on the side of the car in the door (not like 7 now in the middle) but good news is it contains buttons whereby the driver can adjust also the passenger seat. (similar to like mirror adjustment).
There is a chrome bar in the back (just like facelifted 7 now) and there is a chrome bar in the front underneath the grill where the fog lights are. There is also a chrome bar on the door handles.
The chrome on the hofmeister knick is very wide.
The rear doors are very wide.
When you open front door and rear door and you look at the car from the front to the back, the rear door is going past the front door.

Engines 750i, 740i and 730d

Buttons underneath the light button left from the steering wheel
- Lane departure warning
- Lane change warning (light in side mirror for dead angle)
- Night vision
- Active cruise control
- Head-up display

IAS (Integral Active steering) not only front wheels but also rear wheels now take part in this, 4wheel active steering.
Large 10,2 inch screen
Navigation system and stuff works with a hard disc rather than a dvd to increase speed (or decrease slowliness)''

That cool IAS 4wheel active steering, improved Night Vision, traffic sign and pedestrian recognition, 10.2 inch screen and HUD sound pretty appealing and quite Windows vs DOS against the current S, as someone on that BMW board was saying. I'm sure when the facelifted S will be out it will have a lot of these as standard too and other cool stuff too. But right now the 7 will be the newest addition to this busy segment, so it's normal to have the upper hand.