PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Elektrik Probleme mit Navigation

pepaaa
10.05.2005, 14:45
Hallo,

mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr Gut, kann ich in English schreiben? Ich hoffe ich konnte Hilfe fur mein Problem bekommen :top Also:

I have a problem with navigation. The unit is MK3 SW 63. The car is using UK & Ireland map at the moment, but the same problem was with map of Germany or Central Europe.

The problem is, that quite often navigation gets confused. I am driving on a main road and then it gives me wrong instruction, to turn left instead of right. I then look at the map and navigation thinks I am on a different road!! Sometimes I drive on a road and then navigation thinks I am on a road that is maybe 100 meters going parallel with my road. Then it "magically" moves back on "my" road again. This is quite confusing.

Anybody has an idea why is that happening? Is that a common problem? Or is it normal?

Many thanks to all of you, this forum is great! I hope you don't mind me using English, but I can only read in German, writing is very difficult :-(

Josef

cyranorostand
10.05.2005, 14:57
Hallo Pepaaa,

deutsch lesen kein Problem ?
Gut - es macht den Anschein, als ob dein Navi noch nicht richtig kalibriert ist.
Wurde der Rechner vor kurzem vom System getrennt, bzw. neu verbaut ? Wurde die Stromzufuhr getrennt ?

pepaaa
10.05.2005, 15:05
Das was superschnell Antwort!

Ja, du bist recht. Das Batterie wurde "flat" gegangen viermahl und ich habe die ersetzen mit einer neuer Batterie.

Ich habe Schiebedach neu-kalibriert, (nach dem ich Hilfe bekommen hat von diesen Forum! :k ) aber ich wusste nicht das Navigation kalibriert auch musste sein.

Wie kann man das machen? Gibt es not etwas anderes zu Kalibrirern in dem Auto?

Mfg,
Josef

Franz3250
10.05.2005, 15:16
Der Rechner kalibriert sich selbständig. Dazu benötigt er jedoch eine gewisse Zeit und Strecke. Wieviel das genau ist ... keine Ahnung.

Gruss
Franz

7er Fan
10.05.2005, 15:18
Unfortunately my Englisch is not the best, but I will also try to answer you ;)

You really should try to calibrate the system, take a look at this thread (http://www.7-forum.com/forum/showthread.html?t=34717&highlight=navi+kalibrierung) , especially on page 3 the posting from "Mister B" with the pdf-file should help you ;)

You can also use the search-button in the forum, try "navi-kalibrierung" or word-meanings like this and you will find a lot more information, too :B

regards

7er Fan

cyranorostand
10.05.2005, 15:23
Kann zwischen 3 und 50 km zusammenhängender Fahrt dauern. Kreuzungen und dergl. als markante Richtungsänderungen können die Kalibrierung u. U. beschleunigen (besser als schnurgerade Autbahn)
Beim MK4 gibt es einen Menüpunkt ("Standorteingabe") mit dessen Hilfe du die Kalibrierung beschleunigen kannst.
Beim MK3 weiß ichs nicht genau.

ups - 7er Fan war schneller :top

pepaaa
10.05.2005, 15:57
Ich probiere es, aber ich denke dass rechner/antena Problem konnte sein?

Ich habe mehr als 2000km mit dem Wagen gefahrt nach dem Batterie Ersatz.

My brother was driving the car for a while as well, and he said that the arrow that represent the car was once just turning in circles. Also, the computer shows coordinates and height above the sea level. But that fluctuates quite a lot! +/- 100 meters. Even when the car was in standstill, it was 200m above the sea level and then a minute later 140m. Do you think this is okay?

Pepaaa

cyranorostand
10.05.2005, 16:18
Ein sich drehendes Lenkradsymbol ist sicherlich nicht in Ordnung.
Auch die 2000km Wegstrecke zur Kalibrierung müßten allemal ausreichen.
Ich würde dir empfehlen den MK3 kurzzeitig vom Wagen zu trennen und danach wieder anzuschließen (Vorher unbedingt Zündung aus !). Danach ca. 2 Minuten warten (LED blinkt, soweit ich weiß wird in dieser Zeit Ausstattung im Fahrzeug o. ä. geprüft) danach Zündung ein. Vorkalibrierung anhand der Standorteingabe -> losfahren.
Auch ohne Standorteingabe hatte der Rechner meine genaue Position nach ca. 3km.

pepaaa
10.05.2005, 16:24
so i can just remove the power connector from the navigation computer and leave it switched off for like an hour? And then plug it back in?

You don't need to disconnect the battery, do you? Is it okay to just remove the key from "Zundung"?

Thanks,
Josef

cyranorostand
10.05.2005, 16:36
So habe ichs gemacht:
Zündung aus - Kofferaum auf - gewartet bis die LED am Navi ausgeht - Gerät ausgebaut und Rechner abgesteckt. Dann ca. 5 bis 10 Minuten später wieder angesteckt (gewartet bis blinkende LED aufhört zu blinken (ca. 2 Minuten)) - Gerät eingeschoben - Zündung ein - Navi CD/DVD eingeschoben - Standorteingabe - losgefahren, nach ein paar km war Gerät kalibriert.
:top
Hat bei mir ohne Probs funktioniert, aber trotzdem keine Gewähr !
Hoffe es klappt !
PS: Wenn du die GPS-Antenne auch vom Gerät abstecken willst: Vorsicht - ist nur aufgesteckt, also nicht drehen oder so. Gerät sollte liegend an- bzw. abgesteckt werden.

StormRider
10.05.2005, 17:52
did you check the gps cable sitting well on the input of the mk3? i thing if nothing is faulty this would be the only solution of your description.

Mister B
11.05.2005, 09:27
Hi,

greetings to your nice town on a dirty river ;-)

To your problem. It's not normal that your navi losts the position so often but it's
noprmal that it sometime needs a recalibration. But the navi makes the recalibration
on it's own - normaly.
The computer needs two signals. One is coming from the antenna an one from
the ABS-sensors of your brakes.
So please check first all connectors to your navi-computer. To do so, switch off the
ignition, wait untill the LED on the navi-front stops blinking, then remove the
navi from all connectors, including the antenna and clean the contacts. Sometimes
it's useful to spray in some electrical-contact-spray.
Please remember that the blue connector is responsible for the electric power supply.
So the blue connector is the first to remove and the last to connect.
If this little workaroud doesn't help you, you need to clean the ABS-Sensors.
On the attached picture you can see the position of the sensor. (the sensor is
marked with an arrow).

I hope that will help you.

Greetings to Ireland, Dublin and Temple bar

MB

pepaaa
11.05.2005, 11:40
Hi guys,

thanks to all of you for great tips. I will probably do some TLC (tender loving care) to the 7er this afternoon. Needs a wash and stuff like that. I will try to "fix" the navigation as well, I believe it is going to work.

To Mister B - Thank for greetings, obviously you've spent some time in Dublin yourself? Yes, it is quite filthy, but it is getting better ;o)

All the best,
Pepaaa

Mister B
11.05.2005, 14:45
Yes, I have been in Dublin November 2004 unfortunately only for one week.

Please give a response if the navi works well.

Isn't Dublin called "dirty old town" :lol :lol

Greetings
MB

pepaaa
30.05.2005, 11:51
Greetings from Dublin!

I have only managed to do the reset on Saturday. I couldn't find the tool needed to remove the unit, although I knew it is "somewhere" in the house. I ended up using a coat-hanger version of the philips tools. Anyway, navigation picked up correct location immediately and after about a kilometer or two it was working 100%. :o)

Maybe it was just a cable, or something else, but everything seems to be working fine. I drove about 150km on the weekend and it never made a mistake. I'm soo happy :-) Thanks to everybody.

I noticed there are all those BMW meetings happening throughout Germany, want to do one in Ireland? :-)

Pepaaa