PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Karosserie Question from Sweden (Scheinwerferglas) E38 FL

Turbovin
19.05.2012, 00:43
Hello

Hope you can accept me asking this question in english. I can read german pretty well with my school german but my writing is no good.

Well to the point. I have a 2000 Highline carbon 740 and I'm wondering if there is an alternative to the BMW dealers where I can order the headlight lenses (schweinferglas, lichtscheiben, abdeckscheiben) for the facelift headlights?

I know that Bosch used to have the lenses but I mailed Autoteil24 and they said they no longer were available to order.

Also Magneti Marelli had lenses with part number W0133-1664287 but I only find them in the USA and most of them will not ship to Sweden or they do ship but with ridiculously expensive shipping.

I've seen on Ebay.de that there are some lenses from Poland but the seller said that they won't fit my car with the xenon headlights. I thought the BMW original lens is the same between halogen and xenon?

So it seems that my only alternative is to get from my BMW dealer but they are about 220 euro each.

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a source of new lenses for a more reasonable price.

Feel free to answer me in either english or german.

Vielen Dank!
Schwedisch E38 fahrer.

12Zylinder
19.05.2012, 00:57
Laut ersten Forumserfahrungen wohl zu empfehlen und es gibt keinen Unterschied zwischen Halogen und Xenonscheinwerfern:

SCHEINWERFERGLAS-SCHEINWERFER-GLASS-LINKS-NEU (http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-E38-7-98-01-SCHEINWERFERGLAS-SCHEINWERFER-GLASS-LINKS-NEU-/250986932911?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3a6ffcaaaf)

SCHEINWERFERGLAS-SCHEINWERFER-GLASS-RECHTS-NEU (http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-E38-7-98-01-SCHEINWERFERGLAS-SCHEINWERFER-GLASS-RECHTS-NEU-/260948007167?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3cc1b698ff)

Gruss
12Zylinder

P.S. hier ein Erfahrungsbericht:
http://www.7-forum.com/forum/4/streuscheibentraeger-lackieren-original-schwarz-111728.html

Turbovin
19.05.2012, 01:23
Thank you.

Seems that they fit nicely. Was worried about they quality when they are so cheap but they do look and sound good in that thread.

Just wondering what this seller was talking about when he said they wouldn't fit my car.

"hi there are differences, our glasses are for halogen lights, doesnt fit to xsenon.

- dis-autoparts"

But I guess I can just ignore him and ask how much the shipping is to Sweden.

w00lf
19.05.2012, 01:42
Ich habe mir die "Gläser" auch bestellt, Preisvorschlag bei knapp 24€ hat gepasst. Ich denke man kann auch mal mit 20€ starten. ;)

Jemand hier im Forum hat gesagt, dass die Gläser bis auf den "Bosch" Aufdruck eine identische Beschriftung aufweisen, das heißt, sie sind sowohl für Xenon, als auch Halogen geeignet (beides ist am Originalglas zu finden).

Ich kann das aber erst bezeugen, sobald ich meine Gläser bekommen habe.

mfg, Wolfgang

scandic
19.05.2012, 08:56
Hejsan och välkommen :-)
Har du kollad med schmiedmann.se?

Edit:

Du kan också kontakta www.ortynski.de
De sälja många tyska bildelar. Har haft en bra affär med en Hella lampa tidigare. De finns i Hamburg, men självklart kan du handla på webben.

Hälsn
/Flo

Turbovin
19.05.2012, 11:49
Hejhej, tack så mycket :)

Schmiedmann säljer originalglasen för 1500 kr styck, dessutom med 13 dagars leveranstid så det är inte så intressant.

Ska kolla upp din länk :)

scandic
19.05.2012, 12:13
Du kan gärna kontakta mig om du behöver flera hjälpen. Så jag kan fråga de på tyska om du inte fa en svar. Skicka t.ex. gärna en U2U (forum meddelande)
/Flo

McTube
19.05.2012, 13:50
Denkt bitte daran dass euch kaum einer versteht ;)

Muellermilch
19.05.2012, 16:18
Naja, etwas Phantasie ist bei Schwedisch hilfreich. Dann kann man das auch gut verstehen.

Ist doch nett, wenn er es auch in Schwedisch kann.

Where in Sweden are you living at the moment?

w00lf
19.05.2012, 18:02
Ist doch nett, wenn er es auch in Schwedisch kann.

Aber später, wenn den Thread mal wer mit der Suche ausgräbt hilft das trotzdem nicht.

mfg, Wolfgang

Turbovin
19.05.2012, 19:09
Yes, sorry will keep it in englisch from now on ;)

I live in Skövde.

To keep the thread on track, I will order from the polish Ebay seller if he is willing to ship to Sweden, but he has not answered my mail yet.

Thank you.

PacificDigital
19.05.2012, 19:25
also in ebay steht bei dem polnischen anbieter doch dabei:
Artikelstandort: Lublin, Polen

Versand nach: Weltweit

und ich bin der meinung dass auch schweden zur welt gehört :D
also einfach bestellen, bezahlen und bekommen ;)

12Zylinder
19.05.2012, 19:33
außerdem ist Wochenende, da sitzt nicht jeder vor dem PC. Denke mal, dass ist in Polen nicht anders!

Turbovin
19.05.2012, 19:38
Yes I do know, but last time he didn't want to send to me because of the Xenon issue but I wrote that I'm willing to try them anyway on my own risk.

Guess I'll have to be patient til monday :)

Turbovin
29.05.2012, 15:06
Finally got my Ebay glasses today and tried it on the driver's side.

Fitment was really good, although in one corner there was still some leftover material left from the manufacturing but it was easilly removed with a knife.

Really happy with these. The price is truly great for this kind of quality.

Example pic. The strange coloring is from the sun outside the garage.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61130875/DSC_0187.JPG

Thanks for you help :)

Smartyy86
29.05.2012, 15:55
In the Top of the glasses is a engraving, for the specifications of the Headlight, although they fit for every e38 with or without xenon, the ones for xenon have a different engraving, indication the use of a D2S Xenon-Lamp.

Maybe thats what the seller meant

Turbovin
30.05.2012, 02:25
Yes that was a good theory but I noticed that it said "H7 or D2S" on my original glasses and also on the new ones. Were they really specified that way?

scandic
30.05.2012, 06:55
The glasses look awesome if I compare them with mines.
And I thought mine were okay for used ones...
Seriously considering to replace those and go for the new ones when I see your picture.
Would also think it will "match" with my AE rings ;-)
Thanks for the picture!
Hälsn från Stockholm
/Flo

scandic
30.05.2012, 06:57
But hey Turbovin, why did you renove the front bumper? :-)

Provolone
30.05.2012, 09:47
Seems indeed a convincing experience :ja -

@turbovin would you mind post some pics before and after, to better see how much it rejuvenates the face of the car ?

Best,

Turbovin
30.05.2012, 12:34
Scandic: I'm in the middle of a smaller renovation with new paint on front and rear bumper, sideskirts, new original Alpinalip and much more. So that's why the bumper is off :)

Provolone: Yes I can post some pics when the car is finished but it can take a week or so. Here's a pic of what the old right glass looked like though, after about 156000 km. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61130875/DSC_0190.JPG

Smartyy86
30.05.2012, 12:37
hi, yes the difference is quite enormous, i switched my glasses too, after 300.000km.

http://www.7-forum.com/forum/picture.html?albumid=4323&pictureid=40242

scandic
30.05.2012, 14:42
:-O *speechless*
If that is not a difference...!

Provolone
30.05.2012, 14:51
Provolone: Yes I can post some pics when the car is finished but it can take a week or so. Here's a pic of what the old right glass looked like though, after about 156000 km. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61130875/DSC_0190.JPG

Oooh indeed - thanks so much - so I understand that, in order to rejuvenate massively (ie improve that dull look) our beloved cars, is it just enough to change the "Abdeckgläser" as you did it ?

In other words, there is no need to change as well the infamous "Streuscheibenträger" wich sits behind?

MfG

Turbovin
31.05.2012, 01:04
I guess you mean the reflector. No no need to change it on my car as they were still in good condition. Only thing I might have changed for a 100% perfect look is the chromeline frame that surrounds the reflectors. Just some slight discoloration but not enough to care about as no one besides me would notice it.

So yeah, go ahead and only try with the glasses and see how it looks. Guess it depends on age and mileage of the car too.

w00lf
08.06.2012, 14:35
Hallo, wollte eben mal die "Beschriftung" der neuen Polen-Gläser mit den originalen Bosch-Gläsern vergleichen und da ist mir aufgefallen, dass (in Fahrtrichtung) das rechte Glas die korrekte Beschriftung aufweist (also HB3 über Fernlicht und D2S or H7 über Abblendlicht), das linke aber genau spiegelverkehrt ist (also HB3 über Abblendlicht und D2S or H7 über Fernlicht und auch alle anderen Zahlen und Nummern und Bezeichnungen sind prinzipiell in der gleichen Richtung geschrieben wie am anderen Glas, wo sie doch eigentlich verkehrt sein sollten; so als hätte man zwei gleiche Gläser für zwei unterschiedliche Seiten).

Kann das jemand von euch bestätigen, damit ich weiß, was Sache ist, bevor ich den Verkäufer anschreibe?

mfg, Wolfgang

Turbovin
09.06.2012, 17:01
Had to check my glasses too and yes they were the same. Very strange, but I can't see how it affects the lighting in any way, the glass is the same quality for both abblendlicht and fernlicht?

Strange but I don't think it matters. I have no problems with my lights anyway. Although that will the swedish bilprovning test/control tell later on if there's a problem.

Btw here's two crappy cell phone pics of the car now when it's back on the road with the new glasses and so on.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61130875/DSC_0205.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61130875/DSC_0207.jpg

scandic
10.06.2012, 00:04
I think it looks great!
That will definately become one of my next projects with my car :-)

12Zylinder
10.06.2012, 00:12
perfect :top