PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Tuning 750iL glasspack/cherry bomb - Meinungen?

eugerspeed
17.09.2011, 05:23
Zuerst entschuldigen Sie bitte die Übersetzung.

Ich schaue, um den hinteren Abblasdämpfer meiner Einzelperson 1994 750i durch ein Paar glasspacks/Kirschbomben zu ersetzen.
Ich suche einen männlicheren, konkurrenzfähigeren, Euroton, da ich nicht glücklich bin, dass meine bayerische Schönheit so laut wie ein Cadillac ist.

1) Anscheinend geben die glasspacks einen netten tiefen Ton, der besser als das begehrte Eisenmann ist. Kann jemand dieses aus Erfahrung oder von ein 750iL wirklich hören bestätigen, das diese Änderung gehabt hat?

2) Lässt jedermann einen auf lager Katze-zurück 750iL Auspuff/Abblasdämpfer laufen lassen und ersetzte die Katalysatoren durch gerade Rohre.

Wie war der Ton? Lösten Sie irgendeine niedrige U-/mindrehkraft Nm oder Energie im Prozess?

Viel Dank und Grüße von Kanada!

Cars:
05/91 735i, 244k km's;
03/94 750iL Individual 238k km's;
03/90 327i stroker 305k km's and counting!

First of all, please excuse the translation.

I am looking to replace the rear muffler of my 1994 750i Individual with a pair of glasspacks/cherry bombs.
I am seeking a more manly, aggressive, Euro sound as I am not happy that my Bavarian beauty is as loud as a Cadillac.

1) Apparently the glasspacks give a nice deep sound, better than the coveted Eisenmann. Can anyone confirm this from experience or from actually hearing a 750iL that has had this modification?

2) Has anyone run a stock cat-back 750iL exhaust and replaced the catalytic converters with straight pipes.
How was the sound?
Did you loose any low rpm torque or power in the process?

Many thanks and greetings from Kanada!

666smokie666
17.09.2011, 12:20
the problem in germany is, that you get in trouble with the law - with a total modified exhaust like that...

otherwise i would just lay a pipe from front to back:spin
im sure the glasspacks would give you the sound youre searching for:top

Coastcruiser
17.09.2011, 12:46
look at the search-function of this (E32) forum: "glasspack". so you can find many threads, incl. videos. klick (http://www.7-forum.com/forum/search.html?searchid=4813373)

peter becker
17.09.2011, 12:59
Eine Glaspackanlage könnte so aussehen.........

http://www.7-forum.com/forum/5/glasspack-92832.html#post898868

und sie könnte so klingen........ ich finde es aber für eine Limousinge schon zu
deftig....Sportwagen wäre ok.

http://www.7-forum.com/forum/5/glasspack-92832.html#post898868

Viele Grüsse

Peter

eugerspeed
18.09.2011, 04:34
Danke für die Verbindungen, aber ich habe sie alle bereits durchgelaufen, wie ich bereits die Stunden versuchend, jemand zu finden verbrachte, das glasspack Erfahrung mit einem V12 hat.

Leider sind fast alle Pfosten mit glasspacks für das & 6; 8 Zylindermodelle. Ich hoffte, dass jemand läuten würde in, wem ihn aus erster Hand gezeugtmit dem V12 gezeugt hat.

Thank you for the links but I have gone through them all already, as I already spent hours trying to find someone who has glasspack experience with a V12.

Unfortunately, almost all the posts with glasspacks are for the 6 & 8 cylinder models. I was hoping someone would chime in who has witnessed it first hand with the V12.

eugerspeed
18.09.2011, 04:36
the problem in germany is, that you get in trouble with the law - with a total modified exhaust like that...

otherwise i would just lay a pipe from front to back:spin
im sure the glasspacks would give you the sound youre searching for:top

Funny thing is that all of the people that I have heard perform this modification on the North American forums, comes from Germany. Maybe they had some way of sneaking pass the TUV :k?

666smokie666
18.09.2011, 10:39
i think most V12 drivers would say "silence is golden" ;) :lol i would rather run those glasspacks on a V8, because the V12 itself is a very silent engine.

have you tried to empty your rear silencer? the effort would be much lower:top

passing the TÜV is not the problem... getting your exhaust registered is it.:B

just mounting a normal exhaust for TÜV and pack the modified one under the car after the TÜV is what we can do.;)

but if the police notices your modified exhaust that is not registered, they can immobilize your car. you have to mount a normal exhaust, show it them again and pay your penalty:nein

eugerspeed
18.09.2011, 11:42
Ohhhhhhh I see :B, that is how the inspection system works in Germany.

Yes it does appear that the V12 crowd is the least interested in improving the sound of their e32's, and in my opinion it's the engine that needs it the most as it is the quietest. The 6 & 8 cylinder versions that we get over here sound 1/2 decent from the factory.

You might be familiar with Dinan over here. They used to do a mod to the e32 factory muffler to give the car more of a 'presence' when you stepped on the gas. Although I cannot find any documentation or pictures of this mod, my understanding is that they would cut the muffler open and remove some of the internal tubing/baffling in the front 1/2 of the muffler, then weld it back up.

What you are suggesting, is to cut the muffler open and gut the entire contents inside - basically leaving an open chamber, correct?
Any links/pics?
Do you have any feedback on what one can expect (sound-wise) by doing this modification? Thanks :top!

666smokie666
18.09.2011, 12:19
whats very popular in our forum is the "HH-Special" wich is approximately what you described with "dinan" i think...
for example BMW 750i Sound - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uR5VD4hAk)

but also more popular at the V8 section...

ever thought about running "exhaustles"?
BMW E32 750i V12 ohne Auspuffanlage und Kat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnh7HLGYMcE)

7er ECKI
18.09.2011, 12:49
Hallo,
ich habe grade einen 750i hier und der hat die Glasspacks drunter.
Der Klang ist ziemlich dumpf und laut.
Ich mag den Klang nicht bei einem V12.Ist für mich zu aufdringlich
der Klang.Es ist halt geschmackssache.

Gruß 7er ecki

666smokie666
18.09.2011, 13:36
Hello,
I just got one 750i here, the glass packs underneath.
The sound is quite muffled and loud.
I do not like the sound at V12. for me it's too obtrusive
how it sounds. it's just a matter of taste.

just to translate you what is real ment, not what google tells you. ;) :lol

Salunikki
18.09.2011, 13:59
Hi!

Ist zwar n E38, aber das sollte dem Klang keinen abbruch tun.

It's a E38, but the Sound should be the same.

Modlist in the Video-Description

Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsKWnBxMbc&feature)

eugerspeed
18.09.2011, 23:48
Hello,
I just got one 750i here, the glass packs underneath.
The sound is quite muffled and loud.
I do not like the sound at V12. for me it's too obtrusive
how it sounds. it's just a matter of taste.

just to translate you what is real ment, not what google tells you. ;) :lol
Thank you for the translation as I know Google has a funny way of converting it :lol. I'm sure the German's who read my posts that do not understand English must be wondering what I am smoking :o, as I am butchering your language in the process.

The link you passed on for the HH-Special exhaust actually sounds pretty close to what I am looking for = decent but not overbearing. The problem with the M70b50 is that it is a higher pitched soundtrack of an engine, and not very bassy in tone like the V8 - most exhaust modifications on the V12 do not sound 'good', IMHO.

That sound of the straight through exhaust is what I am trying to avoid, as it is too obnoxious for my tastes. I am looking for something that is subtle when cruising around town, but has a strong German accent when you punch the gas = sweetness :spin.

I am gong to research this HH-Special a little more, and report back with my findings. Cheers :top!

habs_vergesse
27.05.2012, 18:39
Guten Tag
Bin heute reinzufällig auf en thread gestoßen,mein antwort dazu Hammer Sound zumindest bei meinem E32 V12, im Drehzahlbereich von 500-2500 dröhnt die anlage richtig heavy. Wobei meine zwei ESD von Fk stammen, kann man drüben anscheinend kaufen.Fazit Entweder wird Abplaudiert,oder den Kopf geschüttelt oder einem den Vogel gezeigt beim vorbeifahren :D