Sie sind nicht angemeldet! Jetzt interner Link kostenlos im Forum registrieren, weniger Werbung sehen, aktiv teilnehmen und weitere Vorteile nutzen! Diese Website nutzt Cookies. Bitte beachten Sie unsere interner Link Datenschutzerklärung.
  Start » Forum Impressum/Datenschutz | Site-Map
7-forum.com   ModelleForummein.7erService

Forumsfunktionen

Modell E65/E66
 Varianten
 Detail-Infos
 Interaktiv
- Anzeige -

Zurück   BMW 7er-Forum > BMW 7er Modelle > BMW 7er, Modell E65/E66

Antwort

Thema teilen Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 11.12.2007, 02:31   #1
sunny_j_canada
Neues Mitglied

Standard Canada 2003 760LI Video on front screen

hello fellow e65/66 owners
sorry for posting in english but i dont no how to speak german. my question is how do i get video on the front screen. i have the rear entertainment system and i know the canadian & us spec cars come with this feature deactivated. any info on how to active it would be greatly appreciated.

the car is lowered with H&R springs in the front and lowered through computer in the rear because of the self level suspension. also i have upgraded the angel eyes.

before

By Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) djsunny at 2007-11-27

after

By Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) djsunny, shot with Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) FinePix S3Pro at 2007-10-10

angel eyes

By Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) djsunny, shot with Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) FinePix S3Pro at 2007-10-09
sunny_j_canada ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 11.12.2007, 14:27   #2
kuttek
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Benutzerbild von kuttek

Fahrzeug: E66-745 LI
Standard

Hello to you, I can not answer your question but please tell me what you do with also i have upgraded the angel eyes..

Did you have exchanged against other lamps because the original was yellowish Especially easy? And what were the lamps?

Thank you
Alt 11.12.2007, 14:43   #3
sunny_j_canada
Neues Mitglied

Standard

the kit that i used is PREDATOR ICE. you take the oem angel eyes bulbs out from behind the headlight and plug the ballast & bulb in. the kit in pretty much a plug and play. due to the design of the engine bay it is VERY hard to do this install without taking the headlight out. but to take the headlights out you have to unclip the bumper so i got it done by my body shop. they charged me $150canadian to install and $199 for the kit. if you have any other questions just ask ill do my best to answer them. heres a link to the english bimmer thread.
Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...the+angel+eyes
Alt 11.12.2007, 15:31   #4
kuttek
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Benutzerbild von kuttek

Standard

I thank you for the answer it looks very good, I do not like the original, that the change is difficult, I have read in this forum where someone's broken lamps change is unfair to the man for a simple expansion of a lamp in the workshop must
kuttek ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 11.12.2007, 15:56   #5
Morcielargo
Neuling :D

Fahrzeug: E65-735i (05.02)
Standard

Hi Sunny J,

I'll be honest with you: Those angel eyes look amazing!
Nice to see how such a boring 760i can look that great just with some rims added
And if you can read Kutteks english and in addition to that also understand it, then you're my today's hero
Morcielargo ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 11.12.2007, 16:57   #6
Klassiker
Mitglied

Benutzerbild von Klassiker

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Morcielargo Beitrag anzeigen
Hi Sunny J,

I'll be honest with you: Those angel eyes look amazing!
Nice to see how such a boring 760i can look that great just with some rims added
And if you can read Kutteks english and in addition to that also understand it, then you're my today's hero
I'll be honest with you: I thought it quite nice that Kuttek took the trouble and courage to answer in English here on the board and I don't think that any lingual shortcomings should be taken as an opportunity for joking.

Anyway, "Kutteks english" in your writing, obviously, should be "Kuttek's English". Just for your records.
Klassiker ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 11.12.2007, 17:59   #7
kuttek
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Benutzerbild von kuttek

Standard

sorry about my english i do my best and that not enough i now
i try do my best in the future !
But if I have someone with a joy I could have done my good enough for today
kuttek ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 11.12.2007, 21:32   #8
sunny_j_canada
Neues Mitglied

Standard

thanks for the compliments guys... i appreciate that kuttek took the time to read the post and reply in english. as far as understanding him, i got the jist of what he was asking and replied..... so im guessing no one knows how to get the video on the front screen?
Alt 11.12.2007, 22:00   #9
Klassiker
Mitglied

Benutzerbild von Klassiker

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von sunny_j_canada Beitrag anzeigen
thanks for the compliments guys... i appreciate that kuttek took the time to read the post and reply in english. as far as understanding him, i got the jist of what he was asking and replied..... so im guessing no one knows how to get the video on the front screen?
Since nobody else will answer, let me point you to a Interner Link) thread on this board a year ago (curiously, also in English). I’m not sure what the poster’s findings were but as far as I get, the user “yan” should be on American bimmerfest.com as well. Thus, you might be able to contact him directly.

I do have the original BMW DVD changer installed myself. It will only show the video content of a DVD played on the front screen up to 3km/h (2mph) speed; after that the video signal will be muted and only the audio content will be presented as user tbeyer pointed out in the thread cited.
Klassiker ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 12.12.2007, 00:57   #10
Goofman
Blue Devil

Benutzerbild von Goofman

Fahrzeug: 745i (E65), 530d (E61), 635 CSI (E24), SL 320 (R129)
Standard

The question is, do you have a video signal on the front monitor when the car is standing still? If that´s the case you have two possibilities to get video on the front screen at speeds above 2 mph.

1.) You can buy a little electronic-box which "disables" the velocity signal. It´s quite easy to install. You just have to remove the monitor and modify two plugs. I can send you the manual (pdf-file, unfortunately in german language, but well illustrated) if you like. I didn´t find any of those boxes on ebay.com, but you can find them on ebay.de.

2.) You can modify the car´s software. Therefore the car must have a tv tuner installed. This service is also offered on ebay.de.

I guess you´ll also find this kind of services in Canada.

One more thing: these BMW alloy rims (design 128) are looking really amazing. You can´t find a better rim for the E65/E66 imho. Congratulations.

Greetings from Germany,
Goofman
Goofman ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort