Sie sind nicht angemeldet! Jetzt interner Link kostenlos im Forum registrieren, weniger Werbung sehen, aktiv teilnehmen und weitere Vorteile nutzen! Diese Website nutzt Cookies. Bitte beachten Sie unsere interner Link Datenschutzerklärung.
  Start » Forum Impressum/Datenschutz | Site-Map
7-forum.com   ModelleForummein.7erService

Forumsfunktionen

BMW 7er, Modell E38
 Varianten
 interner Link 12-Zylinder-Benziner
 Detail-Infos
 Interaktiv
- Anzeige -

Zurück   BMW 7er-Forum > BMW 7er Modelle > BMW 7er, Modell E38 > E38: Tipps & Tricks

Antwort

Thema teilen Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 09.12.2008, 19:50   #1
Schaltwippen und FL lenkrad umbau am meiner VFL.

Benutzerbild von KawaBmw7
KawaBmw7
BMW C650 GT

Druckbare Version zeigen Jemanden per E-Mail auf dieses Thema hinweisen
KawaBmw7 KawaBmw7 ist offline 09.12.2008, 19:50
Bewertung: (1 votes - 5,00 average)

Ich hoffe es ist kein problem wenn ich es im englisch schreibe.

After I'd seen the topics here with the paddle shift steering wheel from E46 M3 I thought that's my next mod.

But the problem was that the M3 steering wheel doesn't fit on a pre facelift car.

So I decided to try something new and bought shift paddles from a Mercedes AMG and an old M-steering wheel to try to get them on it.

Here is the result.

Then I was thinking that you need 2 free contacts on the slip ring from a heated steering wheel for the shift paddles to work. As the pre facelift slip ring doesn't have these 2 contacts I decided to change my slip ring to one from a facelift car. Went to the junk yard and bought the complete steering column and tried to get it work on my pre facelift car.

Here the pre facelift steering column.

All clear.

Need to change some wires of wipers and turn signal.

The facelift steering column.

And the slip ring from heated steering wheel.

Testing with the steering wheel from Edwin.

Then the steering wheel with the shift paddles.

Made the connection for the shift paddles.

Then I used 3 ignition switches to make one good one so that I could keep my own key.
From 2 ignition switches I cut of the steel ring and from the third I cut the back so the steel ring keeps good.

The switches from pre facelift and facelift are in several ways different.

The small plates are both the same so I placed the ones from my original ingintion switch in the one from the facelift.

My own key in a facelift ignition switch.

The steel ring back in place and the switch is ready.

Next step was changing the LCM (light control modul), the LCM from the facelift is different. Turn signal in a pre facelift runs over 2 wires to the LCM, in a facelift it goes over 1 wire and it is in a different place on the LCM. Same is voor high beam, so I changed the pins to the right place and it all works fine now. I even have ‘follow me home’ now.

Some pics of the final result.

The video on Youtube.

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) YouTube - E38 M-steering wheel with shift paddles
Hits: 32151
Alt 09.12.2008, 19:59   #2
Swordy
Individual Azuritschwarz

Benutzerbild von Swordy

Fahrzeug: E38 740i 4,4 Individual 6Gg. Schalter BRC-LPG (PD. 6.97)
Standard

Geniale Lösung!!!

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) My Black Pearl (745i Individual)
Swordy ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09.12.2008, 21:37   #3
mono
V12 Individual Interieur

Benutzerbild von mono

Fahrzeug: E66 760Li E86 Z4
Standard

Sehr schön gelöst - Respekt!

Grüße,
Dominik
mono ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09.12.2008, 21:39   #4
pwn3rzwo
Mitglied

Fahrzeug: E65-735i (06.02)
Standard

Wow, great Turtorial

But theres one thing i dont understand: Why did you bought the Shift Paddels from Mercedes AMG and build it up in that old steering wheel, i think it would have been easier to "mod" an E46 M3 steering wheel to put it in a pre-facelift car... why exactly does a E46 steering does not fit? A few Years ago ive seen in Poland on a BMW Meeting serveral E34, and i couldnt believe my eyes, some crazy polnish mans build in a E46 M3 CSL steering wheel with alcantara in an old crappy E34?!?!

but - keep goin on with it thumps up!!!

greetz, phil...

(Gschwind an die anderen: Warum genau passt den ein E46 Lenkrad nicht? Wiegesagt, ich hätt es nie geglaubt - aber ich hab schon E34's mit der Kurbel drin gesehen!)
pwn3rzwo ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09.12.2008, 21:40   #5
at4wobe1
Viel hilft viel!

Benutzerbild von at4wobe1

Fahrzeug: Kein BMW
Standard

Sick!

BTW: thanks for the quick replys regarding the tank plopp video
at4wobe1 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09.12.2008, 23:42   #6
Morg
Erfahrenes Mitglied

Benutzerbild von Morg

Standard

Was ich nicht ganz verstehe - warum notwendigerweise der Umbau auf die FL-Lenksäule (mit allem folgenden Aufwand)? Beim VFL gab es doch auch schon Lenkradheizung; hat der keine entsprechenden Schleifringe?

"No worries." - Rincewind

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) 
Morg ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 09.12.2008, 23:48   #7
Raffael@735i
LOW4LYF

Benutzerbild von Raffael@735i

Fahrzeug: E32 735i - E91 325xi - E34 ///M5 AC SCHNITZER S5 SILHOUETTE - ///M4 COMPETITION - E38 740i SPORT "DINAN" - CHEVROLET EL CAMINO - KAWASAKI ZX7R
Standard

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) BMW E39-Forum - Umbau M-Lenkrad I auf Schalt Wippen
Raffael@735i ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.12.2008, 10:23   #8
KawaBmw7
BMW C650 GT

Fahrzeug: E65 760i (01-06)
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von pwn3rzwo Beitrag anzeigen
Wow, great Turtorial

But theres one thing i dont understand: Why did you bought the Shift Paddels from Mercedes AMG and build it up in that old steering wheel, i think it would have been easier to "mod" an E46 M3 steering wheel to put it in a pre-facelift car... why exactly does a E46 steering does not fit? A few Years ago ive seen in Poland on a BMW Meeting serveral E34, and i couldnt believe my eyes, some crazy polnish mans build in a E46 M3 CSL steering wheel with alcantara in an old crappy E34?!?!

but - keep goin on with it thumps up!!!

greetz, phil...

(Gschwind an die anderen: Warum genau passt den ein E46 Lenkrad nicht? Wiegesagt, ich hätt es nie geglaubt - aber ich hab schon E34's mit der Kurbel drin gesehen!)
I did that because at first I thought that it was not possible to change the steering column to one from a facelift. When I looked better in WDS I knew that it was possible. I already bought the shift paddles on German Ebay so I decided to make them on the M-steering wheel from E38.
In my opinion looks the M-steering wheel from E38 or E39 better in the E38 than the one from the M3.

My original pre facelift M-steering wheel is a little bigger and thinner than the one from a facelift so that was also a reason to go for the facelift steering wheel.
KawaBmw7 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.12.2008, 10:43   #9
KawaBmw7
BMW C650 GT

Fahrzeug: E65 760i (01-06)
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Raffael@735i Beitrag anzeigen
That's funny!! I did not know there was also someone who had the same idea as I.
What I realy like from his shift paddles is that they are lighted. That's something maybe I'm gonna do too.
KawaBmw7 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 10.12.2008, 10:48   #10
CLLIVE
Gesperrt

Fahrzeug: E65 N62
Standard

Very nice Idea!!! Resepect!!!
CLLIVE ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort