Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 09.12.2008, 19:50   #1
Schaltwippen und FL lenkrad umbau am meiner VFL.

Benutzerbild von KawaBmw7
KawaBmw7
BMW C650 GT

Druckbare Version zeigen Jemanden per E-Mail auf dieses Thema hinweisen
KawaBmw7 KawaBmw7 ist offline 09.12.2008, 19:50
Bewertung: (1 votes - average)

Ich hoffe es ist kein problem wenn ich es im englisch schreibe.

After I'd seen the topics here with the paddle shift steering wheel from E46 M3 I thought that's my next mod.

But the problem was that the M3 steering wheel doesn't fit on a pre facelift car.

So I decided to try something new and bought shift paddles from a Mercedes AMG and an old M-steering wheel to try to get them on it.

Here is the result.

Then I was thinking that you need 2 free contacts on the slip ring from a heated steering wheel for the shift paddles to work. As the pre facelift slip ring doesn't have these 2 contacts I decided to change my slip ring to one from a facelift car. Went to the junk yard and bought the complete steering column and tried to get it work on my pre facelift car.

Here the pre facelift steering column.

All clear.

Need to change some wires of wipers and turn signal.

The facelift steering column.

And the slip ring from heated steering wheel.

Testing with the steering wheel from Edwin.

Then the steering wheel with the shift paddles.

Made the connection for the shift paddles.

Then I used 3 ignition switches to make one good one so that I could keep my own key.
From 2 ignition switches I cut of the steel ring and from the third I cut the back so the steel ring keeps good.

The switches from pre facelift and facelift are in several ways different.

The small plates are both the same so I placed the ones from my original ingintion switch in the one from the facelift.

My own key in a facelift ignition switch.

The steel ring back in place and the switch is ready.

Next step was changing the LCM (light control modul), the LCM from the facelift is different. Turn signal in a pre facelift runs over 2 wires to the LCM, in a facelift it goes over 1 wire and it is in a different place on the LCM. Same is voor high beam, so I changed the pins to the right place and it all works fine now. I even have ‘follow me home’ now.

Some pics of the final result.

The video on Youtube.

Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) YouTube - E38 M-steering wheel with shift paddles
Hits: 32236