Alt 04.09.2016, 23:58   #2
Erich
Shogun

Benutzerbild von Erich

Fahrzeug: E32 750iL 11/88
Standard

ich zitiere:

BRAKE BOMB REPLACEMENT

1. Get in car and with engine off, pump brake pedal twenty times (relieves the pressure).

2. Loosen lug nuts on drivers side wheel. Open hood, and take lid off of PS reservoir.

3. Jack up and support (jack stands are good) the front end, or a least the driver’s side.

4. Remove the wheel/tire assembly.

5. Remove the two bolts in left front wheel housing that hold the alternator intake air duct and remove the duct (this is a horizontal panel of fiberglass and is just below the bomb).

6. Now you can see the bomb and the two (10 MM or 12 MM) bolts (top and bottom) that support the Bomb. You can also see the compression nut, but can’t get a wrench (19 MM on mine) on it.

7. OK, here is my non professional method of removal:

a. Using a dremel or any cutting tool, cut a window in the splash panel in front of the tire you removed in the area that will expose the compression nut on the bomb.
a. Using your open end wrench unscrew (at least break free) the compression nut and then you can hand loosen and remove. Paper towels or rags beneath the bomb will catch any residual fluid that may leak out, do not expect a lot of fluid.
b. Now remove the two support bolts and the bomb drops out.

8. Make sure you have a rubber “O” ring gasket to go over the threaded portion of the bomb (my
Bomb did not come with one and my old bomb had none (dealer item and about $3.00).

9. Lubricate “O” ring with Pentosin, place over threaded neck of bomb, place bomb in position and lightly (finger tighten) the two support bolts (just to hold bomb in place).

10. Thread, carefully the compression nut onto the bomb and tighten (it takes only about 30 lb/ft of torque).

11. Tighten support bolts, top off PS accumulator, start engine, pump up brakes and check PS accumulator one more time, checks for leaks (you shouldn’t have any). Replace panels, replace
Wheel and tire assembly, lower vehicle to ground, test drive.

13. Check PS accumulator one more time, and top off if necessary.

14. I cut a piece of black plastic slightly larger than the window I cut out and RTV’d it over the hole I cut so I am ready for the next time. I bought my BRAKE ACCUMULATOR from Bimmerparts.com, but check for prices, (bombs for735’s are less expensive than 750’s).

by: "Bubba" Richard “The Bear” LaBarre
------------------------------------------------
Den Druckspeicher kannst Du ausbauen,ohne die Stosstange abzunehmen. Oben am Dom die Verschraubung abschrauben,dann die beiden Halteschrauben am Speicher abnehmen. Evtuell musst Du auch oben am Verteilerstueck die andere Rohrleitung abnehmen,weil Du sonst das Rohr zum Speicher nicht aus dem Verteilerstueck bekommst.Ist Oben etwas Hakelig oder wenig Raum,das Rohr am Relaiskasten vorbei zu bekommen. Allerdings musst Du etwas mehr Bodenfreiheit haben,um die Bombe mit dem Rohr nach unten heraus zu ziehen.(Wagenheber unter die Vorderachse).
Ich habe das vor circa 2 Monaten so gemacht,(circa 1 Stunde Arbeit)
Gruss Dansker
Erich ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten