Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 16.05.2018, 12:04   #7
AR25
Wurzelholz und Naturleder

Benutzerbild von AR25

Fahrzeug: Cadillac CT6 3,0TT Platinum; Opel Omega B 2,2 "Design Edition" (Automatik)
Standard

Hello,

I will take this writedown in english as it is maybe better for the issue of understanding.

Well let us start. When you are thinking about the installation of an Becker Radio in the e32, combined with the Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) from another type of BMW vehicle, then you have to buy an adapter for this particular radio, which enables the radio operation with the MFSW.

But it is much easier, when you would consider to obtain the BMW Indianapolis Radio, as it is specially designed for BMW vehicles. That means, the illumination of the radio is the same colour in the bmw vehicles. In addition to this you can connect a BMW 6CD Changer PI (not the P!) to this radio. The changer has the same dimensions as it is predecessor the BMW 6CD Changer P and it can be mounted to the same CD changer holder in the trunk of the vehicle. The BMW 6CD Changer is operating with the I-Bus protocoll, which is exactly the same protocoll the MFSW uses to communicate with the radio.

Easily explained: 1 wire from the I-Bus connection of the Steering wheel to the BMW Indianapolis connection point and from that point of I-Bus connection an other wite to the CD Changer. Thats it. These devices just simplay talk to each other. The whole stuff can be implanted simply in the e32 or e34 or e36. That's it. You don't need the whole IKE and I-Bus Master stuff from the e38 or e39. Don't mix the whole thing with the Cruise Control switches. The Cruise Control is using an another wire and has nothing to do with the I-Bus.

But when you think about using the Becker Indianpolis, then you have to go down the route I have mentioned at the beginning of the whole text.

Good luck, for your project.

AR25

BMW...Freude am Nachrüsten!
AR25 ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten