Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 23.04.2003, 16:58   #3
Odegard
Gast

Standard

Zitat:
Original gepostet von Erich
it's me again, Erich alias shogun
For a general understanding what will break, Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) read this nice write-up.
Thanks, I'll look it up.

Zitat:
Shaking of the front wheels/steering: general weak points: tie rod ends, struts, thrust arm bushings, sway bars. This shaking at around 90 kmh is a known problem.
This is my understanding also. I will therefore focus on the other problems first.

Zitat:
brake problem: if you push it the second time you say it is as if the engine is off. so that means it is very hard to push down the brake? This brake "amplifier" is called in German Bremskraftverstaerker.
Do you have to pump the brake several times as if air might be in the system?
Bremskraftverstaerker = Bremsekraftforsterker in norwegian but what it is in english? Hehe
Yes, I loose the BKV if I brake again within 2 seconds of the first brake. Pump braking only makes the pedal harder without helping much on the braking itself.

Zitat:
idle run, engine dies: do you know when the ingbition cap and ingition filnger have been changed the last time? Can you check that? worn, oxidized? This might be one of the reasons.
It the idle RPM different when the engine starts cold (in the morning) or just after a short stop?
I will have to find someone to help me find these things out.
The idle RPM is the same when cold starting as after driving for a while.

Zitat:
Do you want us to recommend a trustfull repair shop in the area around Bonn? Maybe somebody knows, I am not sure.
I have a friend that can help me but not until 2 weeks from now. I also know a repair shop recommended to me by the shop I bought car from (I will of course always check atleast 2 places and compare prices) but suggestions are always welcome. The repair shop I've used in the past is "1-2-3 -------" in Bad Godesberg.

My question is if these are mission critical errors or if I can wait 2 weeks when I can get help from a friend.

Thanks for helping
Grüsse
Odegard
  Antwort Mit Zitat antworten