Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 02.04.2024, 07:09   #10
andrewgrhogg
Neues Mitglied

Fahrzeug: 2000 750iL
Standard

Quick update - i checked my front shocks wiring again. I had done this before and seen nothing wrong. I double checked today and just where the wire exits the rubber boot, on the front left shock, the black sheath is worn through and the wiring is showing.

I will fix that wiring tomorrow, reset the codes and go for a drive and see what happens.

Another update:
.i started stripping back the black exterior cover for the 3 wires to the shock. As i do this the yellow, red and white insulation on the 3 wrires inside is just crumbling and falling off. So now i have the shock wire with about 2" of bare wires and no insulation - i have not cut any of the wires. Using my variable DC power supply (Externer Link (&Ooml;ffnet in neuem Fenster, der Forumsbetreiber distanziert sich vom Inhalt extern verlinkter Seiten.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HYK2ZW3...roduct_details) i have fed 4.5v/1amp to each of the red and yellow wires, with white as the ground. One valve you can easily hear switching. The other valve im not sure. Tomorrow i am going to try the same test with the right front shock and see if i can hear both valves triggering. If one is silent than ill assume the left shock is fine and then i will use "liquid tape" to seal the bare wires on the left shock and then clear codes and see what happens.

Geändert von andrewgrhogg (03.04.2024 um 05:21 Uhr).
andrewgrhogg ist offline   Antwort Mit Zitat antworten